Sunday, November 23, 2008

The funny thing about having an "ah ha" moment is that right before it hits you feel a bit lost and confused. Today I see things in a completely different light. Today I see myself for who I really am. I am not lesser of a person like I have thought for so long. I wont go into details because the details are a blur. 

Last night I realized that I am happy. I dont need attention from others in order to be myself or to feel ok in my own skin. I have chosen my life's path and while there have been many, many hard times I have no regrets. People can and do talk down to me but they dont take any part of who I am away with them. I love my family and I will always choose them over well, anyone and everyone. I have a good heart. I dont need approval from others. I dont live a life filled with "things". I know how to apologize and mean it. I am not a size 2 but who cares, I like who I have become. I never forget who I am, not even after a few drinks. I am a strong woman and I am continually growing and building a happy, full life for myself. I am a good person.

It feels good to finally, after 26 years, realize these things about myself. I am not perfect and I am obviously human. I cant believe I fooled myself into believing that I was not good enough. What does that even mean, "not good enough"? Good enough for what or for who? Its so stupid. 

I feel really good today. I feel more myself than I ever have before. Thank God for getting into a fight with someone who I always thought was better than me. It really opened my eyes.

4 comments:

Mrs. Dirty Hair said...

You know Juanita...along with realizing these things about yourself you have said some things that I really needed to hear right now. So thank you for that and you are too right about it all!! You need no justification about anything in your own life! You know what they say about justification anyways...Justification is like masterbation, it feels good in the moment but in the end you are only fucking yourself!

lrwaldon said...

It's that wonderful saying by Eleanor Roosevelt, "No one can make you feel inferior without your consent." I know you know this quote we have had many discussions on this quote a time or two.But I also like this following quote also by Eleanor Roosevelt."You gain strength, courage and confidence by every experience in which you really stop to look fear in the face. You are able to yourself, "I have lived through this horror. I can take the next that thing that comes along."You must do the thing you think you cannot do."
I love that one as well, two of my favorites...
I love you my lovely, beautiful, talented, amazing, courageous, gracious, smart, artistic daughter...I know I can overboard, that is my prerogative as your mom.
love you, Mom

Debbie Allen said...

I learned this about myself and it seems to help. It has to do with gratitude. The best way to discover the benefits of gratitude experiencing the miracle for ourselves: When we daily count our blessings, we feel better about life, even in the midst of adversity; we garner a strength of character and largeness of soul that will help us through hard times; and we see life as basically good, despite its challenges and heartaches.

Comarsh Crew said...

I am so glad you are feeling that way about yourself. Sometimes it is hard to let go of what others say, but your right, they don't take away who you are when they are like that. I love you!