Monday, January 12, 2004

I wish I knew how to act around you. After everything I can't seem to feel the same. I really don't know what to do when you are near. Do I smile? Do I laugh? Do I cry? Do I scream?
It seems that I always end up angry at something you said or didn't say. Or something you did or didn't do. I feel like I have to constantly remind you that you are going to be a father and that you need to grow up. You really do need to GROW UP. It doesn't matter if you aren't ready because this is your life just as much as it is mine. And whether you are ready or not OUR daughter will be here in 8 weeks.
Tonight I could smell it on you. You think that I couldn't but I could. I'll never forget that smell. So what did I do? I closed myself off from you.
I tried tonight I really did. I know you tried too but sometimes that just isn't enough. I can't afford to not try but I also can't afford to let you fuck up.
Tonight I was just really frustrated with you.

No comments: