Monday, February 07, 2005

Currently playing: Pieces of You by Jewel

- Foolish Games
I finally e-mailed L. about the stress of this past month. I wasn't sure when he would get the e-mail. I don't know how often he gets to check his e-mail out there. I was surprised to see that he replied maybe 15 minutes after I sent the e-mail. I guess that is lucky. I probably would have gone crazy waiting for his reply.
I wasn't sure how he would handle the news. I took a deep breath and opened the e-mail. He was gracious, honest and caring. We both felt the same about the whole situation. It was a mistake. A line we never should have crossed. We never really got the chance to talk about things before he left for Thailand. And with his reply he answered so many questions and worries. He showed me just how wonderful a friend he is to me. I felt so much reading his words. I know it must have been hard for him to find the words. After I read the e-mail I just broke down and cried. I cried for so many reasons. But I guess the main reason was because I finally felt that he still did care. He still respected me and our friendship. The past month I have worried that maybe all that was lost. It meant so much to me to feel that again.
A huge weight has been lifted from my soul.

No comments: