Friday, August 01, 2008

Oh yeah



I got hit by a car this week. I was on my way to work. It was about 8:30 am. There is an intersection at the mall where I almost always get hit. I decided to start wearing my helmet because of how often I almost become road kill on my way to work.

So I was riding along and it was nice because that early over by the mall there is no traffic. When I pulled up to that particular stupid intersection there was a black car sitting on the crosswalk waiting to turn. It was a black car with a stupid jock guy in the driver seat. You know backwards hat, dark sunglasses, one hand on the wheel.

Anyway, he had his window down and I told him that I was going to go around him. He gave me an annoyed look. Then I went. I was almost to the other side when he hit my bike tire and I fell over. He sped off around me. I screamed obscenities to him. You cant see the full scope of my huge hot pink bag in this picture. But it's pretty much nuclear. So he obviously did it on purpose.

Luckily for me I got his license plate number. I called the cops. The police officer seemed pretty upset about it too. She said it was clear hit and run. So they are trying to track him down. I haven't heard anything back yet though.

Oh, and what was also lame about it all was that there was a woman walking across the street that saw what happened and she just kept on walking. No one cares about each other anymore.

I've been afraid to ride my bike since then. I have ridden it but I dont enjoy it as much.

2 comments:

Anita said...

It makes me so sad to think how our world has become so "me" based. Your right no one seems to care for one another anymore...what a sad, sad commentary on our society...
No kindness, or generosity, no respect for human life if it's not your own....
I hope you gain your love of riding again, don't let that one guy take away your joy

love you,
Mom

Anonymous said...

I can't believe that, I am so sorry, what a major jerk. I can't believe someone would do something like that on purpose. I hope so bad they catch him, and whatever about that lady not stopping. crazy world, it is sad. Love ya.