Friday, August 29, 2008

NO MORE PLASTIC BAGS!

Please go to the above link to read about how awful plastic bags are to our planet's animals and to the world that we call our home. I would love to live a more green life. I do ride my bike everywhere and we do recycle. Sometimes it doesnt seem like enough. I would hate it if Sky and Solee had to see polar bears and Bengal tigers go extinct in their lifetime because of how we have all treated our world.

I just read the book The Road by Cormac McCarthy and it was about a father and son in a post apocalyptic world. It was amazing and it has haunted me since I read it. Its made me think a lot more about my life and what I have and have not done with it. I know that I want to protect those that I love from ever having to see our world die, animals become extinct and a never ending cold.


With that being said I really need to make some changes in my life. It will absolutely not be easy but I know that I can do it. I have done and survived a LOT of hard things in my life. I just need to believe in myself and my ability to change the life that I am living right now. Because honestly, I have no other choice but to change, to help change the world and the future for Sky and Solee as well as everyone else that I love.

3 comments:

Anita said...

It's interesting that you sent this. I have been watching this new program called, "Wasted" and it's about the waste we accumulate in our families. It was really and eye-opener.
And it got me thinking too, about the waste and how I can help. Lee and I got reusable bags that we take with us to the store. I love it!!! Looking into the recyling system in our community, because I am tired of the plastic bags and soda cans piling up.
For A Better Tomorrow!!!

Anonymous said...

really I had NO IDEA!!! I thought it was great that people had the cloth bags, (when we were in Arizona that was so in) I didn't realize the waste that plastic bags created until I clicked your link with all those fact, I was sick -- I thought recycling them was enough until I saw it cast $4000 to sale $32 worth of bags, wow!! great eye opener and I emailed that link to everyone I know and I am getting reusable bags. Love ya -- p.s. I just read an article on becoming a stronger painter, it said paint one small painting a day, no matter what, and your skills triple within a few months, sometimes I get so busy I don't paint for weeks, so I have painting everyday, I just thought of you wanted to share how much it has helped me.....

Anonymous said...

Hey, we just went to the store and bought cloth bags! then when we were checking out everyone was walking by with their plastic bags, I was sick- I am telling everyone how much they suck!
love ya