Saturday, November 20, 2010

Broken bones and God

I know that I often struggle with what I believe in as far as religion is concerned. But the one thing that I can never deny is that there is a God.

One of my very best of friends (Adrian) was in a car accident yesterday. She is stable yet still in the ICU. Apparently if she had been driving a newer car... she would not have made it. And I would never be able to get over that, never. Just like Tyler. But because I do believe that there is a God somewhere, somehow, I know that he/she has a reason for her to continue on in this life and I am so, so grateful.

I have been numb, depressed and dazed all day. I just want so badly to be there for my sweet Adrian. But she lives in Arizona and neither of us can afford the trip. Especially not now. But somehow I keep going back to being thankful that she is alive. I miss her. I wish that I could be there to support her. Thankfully she has a wonderful family that will be there for her.

This old beast saved her life.

2 comments:

KEK said...

Juanita- You inspire me. Just know this. You speak right to the core of your bones.

Anita said...

You inspire so much hope and love for your friend, it warms my heart. I love you and am sending my love and prayers to Adrian and her family.