Thursday, February 11, 2010

HAPPY BIRTHDAY TYLER!!!!



Today you would have been 28. That's so strange to me. We met about 11 years ago. Now I'm remarried to a great man, we own our first home together and i'm in school. Life is great. It makes me wonder how your life would be right now....

I imagine that you would have grown into a church going man. And that your faith would have helped you keep clean of your addiction. I picture that somewhere along the way you met a beautiful woman that would love you and you her, the way that it was always meant to be. I picture you with a cute little family. I see you as a drug counselor in a youth facility, maybe. You would go skiing and hiking with your little family on the weekends and have Sunday dinner at your parent's place. You and I would be friends. Life would be good.

But today you are spending your 28th birthday somewhere else, away from all of us down on earth that love you. I was going to visit your grave today but as life goes I couldn't make it. I felt you in my heart on my run today. I felt you from the moment I woke up. I miss you and I love you. I hope that where ever you are that your birthday was filled with love....


"until we meet again"

7 comments:

Cheney S. Lutbunwalla said...

This made me cry a little. you are such a good writer Janey. so vivid.

Anita said...

I love that phrase, "till we meet again" So beautiful.

Trent and Lindsey said...

You always say the sweetest things about my brother. Thank you so much. Its nice to remember the good things. I love and miss Tyler. I also love and miss you, we need to run together. Im happy you are doing so well. Love Lindsey

Comarsh Crew said...

That was a beautiful post. Juanita, you truely have a beautiful heart and an "old soul". You are so wise beyond your years. I love you!

Our Family said...

I enjoyed your comments. You have a way with words. Thanks for keeping Tyler in your heart and mind. I love you.

Barb Elder said...

You made me cry. Every now and again we need that. Tyler is missed and we miss seeing you. Life sounds good for you. I am glad.

Anonymous said...

Made me cry too, his life sounds so beautiful.
Happy Birthday Tyler, we love you.