Friday, January 02, 2009

From a journal entry 1-25-06

"Why do I have this feeling? The feeling that something is right here, right around the corner, right at the front door. Something is there waiting for me to look. Something is waiting for me to take. And this is by no means a small something. This feels very big. I can't quite put it to words. It's just there. I feel it getting closer and closer every day. I feel excited and nervous and scared and thrilled out of my head. When will I know what the hell this thing is? I'm impatient."

I still dont quite know what that something was. Maybe it was nothing. Maybe it already happened and I was so distracted that I missed it. I am not sure either way. 

Anyway...

  • This year I am going to get my drivers license. 
  • I am going to go to college. 
  • I am going to get a better job that makes me feel good about myself. 
  • I am going to volunteer at the UMFA
  • I am going to start running again, keep running and not let myself stop running. 
  • I am going to dress up and wear heels more often. 
  • I am going to cut ties with people that have no place in my life anymore. 
  • I am going to read, paint, write and take pictures more this year. 
  • I am going to gain control of my life. 
  • And I am going to do one huge thing that I otherwise would have been afraid to do. 

New Years resolutions are cheesy but this is my life that I am trying to get in order. So lets just say this is a to do list for the year not resolutions. Wish me luck.

7 comments:

Anita said...

Luck...for my talented and gifted daughter.
Love you

KEK said...

I feel the same in many ways; trying to find "self" in their. Motherhood made an immersion I wasn't prepared for.

Mrs. Dirty Hair said...

You don't need luck...I know you can do anything that you put your mind to!!

Comarsh Crew said...

New Years resolutions are not cheesy... I'm proud that you have some goals for yourself this year. I know when you put your mind to something you do it! Sky's baptism photos were too cute. I can't belive who grown up he is. I loved the pic of your mom, Solee & you. I miss you & love you!

Unknown said...

Can I love your guts without really knowing you? You know we've been good ol' LJ friends for years, we should really gather. I want to KNOW you.
801.458.3803
Coffee, bike rides come spring, sharing art together, let's do it!

KEK said...

I believe I was inspired to write again, after I came across your blog (in fact, it was this specific entry). I use to write all the time, but it slowly dissolved (after I had my heart ripped out). I could never write the same. But now that I am in this new stage of life as a mother, it's time for me to reflect on my intuitions again. Thanks for the inspiration.

Albalate-Atencio Many said...

Love you Juanita! This is YOUR year! GO get'em!