Saturday, April 24, 2010

Who ever would have thought?



I was never athletic. I mean I smoked for years and years. I was the artsy, hippie girl. I never, ever thought of running unless it was running away from my problems. Yet here I am, 28 years old and I run. I run to keep my depression at bay. I run to stay in shape. I run to stomp out all my frustrations. I run because it's a way to be alone. I run because I love to challenge myself... I have a love hate relationship with running. Some days it's hard to get going. Some days it's hard to finish. Some days I cant wait to hit the pavement. Most days it's just something I have to do.

I might not be as strong and as tuff as the rest of the Atencio clan but I am doing the best that I can. Classical music. That's the key. It keeps me going.

Once again here is the link to my Nike Profile: JVAtencio

4 comments:

Mrs. Dirty Hair said...

You know with so much going on in my life right now you just inspired me to get back into running. I mean I was never a good runner however, it is something that functions as so MUCH! I agree with each word you said in your post.

Anita said...

Proud of you! But you are the best, don't compare yourself to anyone else. You can only best yourself...

Courtney and Hyrum said...

When I get back I would love to get together. I want you to officially meet Zoey in person. We love you!

Unknown said...

I feel the same way about running and do it for the same reasons, love ya sis.