Sunday, March 28, 2010

On turning 28

When I was younger I thought that I had a huge nose. I hated it. I also hated that I looked different from all the other girls in school. They had big, pretty eyes. I envied blue eyes the most. They had long, flowing, straight hair. I always wanted long, blonde hair. They had bright white teeth perfectly placed in their perfect little mouths. They were taller, thinner, etc. The list goes on and on. I always wanted to be someone that I was not and could never be.

As the years have gone on there have been certain pieces of myself that I have learned to love and accept. When I was 17 I loved that my skin would tan instead of burn bright red. After Sky and Solee where born I learned to love the shape of my eyes. And when I chopped my hair all off I learned that my nose was perfect in pulling all my facial features together. Now I love a big nose and find that the more character a nose has the more I love it.

I'm 28. I am nerdy. I am obsessed with crime shows and books. I love Audrey Hepburn. Some of my favorite foods are sushi, nachos, artichokes and mashed potatoes. I don't like soda. Apparently I snore. My favorite colors are black, white, grey, hot pink and all shades of green and blue. I am an animal person. When I am sad I look at pictures of kittens, puppies and other baby animals to help cheer me up. I paint, write, photograph, cook, garden, bike and run. I am consistently late. I am not a morning person at all. I am me.




7 comments:

Anita said...

I love you just the way you are! My beautiful girl. You must get the snoring from Lee, because I don't snore, hehehe...

Trent and Lindsey said...

Happy Happy birthday. I hope your day was as awesome as you are. I have always thought you were very beautiful.

Barb Elder said...

You are such a beautiful girl inside and out. What a blessing you are to the Gray family and all people around you. I love your writing you do have a gift. Happy Birthday we love you!

Comarsh Crew said...

I love that girl! You know, you kind of look like Audrey Hepburn in that picture!

Mrs. Dirty Hair said...

WOW...this picture of you is so amazing! I have to admit something, when I first met you I thought you were one of the most beautiful people I have ever met. I was happy to find out that your personality was as beautiful as you. Have a wonderful 28, I always looked forward to 28.

Solee said...

dear juanita,

happy birthday i love you. solee

Jennifer Palmer said...

You are beautiful, Juanita! I'm so glad I know you.