Monday, June 04, 2007

Wow. I picked a really dumb article to write my first real paper on. How do Eating Disorders and Alcohol Use Disorder Influence Each Other? Yeah, man, LAME! I have to bullshit my way through this one. The article is shit and my rough draft is due tomorrow. But I haven't got anything done for it.

Anyway, It's a billion and one degrees in our house. Eric and I had such a hard time sleeping. I think we've all pretty much had it with this place. There is so much that all of us have to compromise on. The downtown location is great. But everything else sucks. Time to move on. Our lease is up in September. Eric and I are looking for a place for ourselves. I'm so excited. I can't wait until it's just us. It will be so nice. I love that man so much. I can't imagine my life without him.

You know it's so strange how life turns out. For so long I tried to be someone that I wasn't. For Tyler, for my family, for Ryan, for my friends and everyone else in the world. It felt safe not to just be myself because for as long as I can remember I never thought that I was good enough. But know I know just how full of shit I was. Eric has helped me to step outside of myself. He doesn't care that I am not perfect. He just wants me to be happy and he wants me to be the best person that I can be no matter what that means or who that is. And I have to admit I feel so much more free than I ever have before.

Tyler is gone. Countless friends have gone on in life, some in death. Ryan left without really saying goodbye or even looking back. My siblings are scattered. There are times when I feel that I am left behind, left alone. But there is a place inside of me that refuses to believe that I am alone. There is a hope inside of me that has been born. And I can say that with all certainty that I am not alone and more importantly that I am enough.

No comments: